Opening late spring of 2021 on AirBNB. Pictures and rental listing will be added soon.
Looking to get away from it all? A stay at White Sky Woods could be just the thing. After undergoing renovations through the decades and receiving a major face-lift and update in 2019/2020, the cabin that is a piece of the history of the original homestead settlement is now a humble and comfortable place for guests to get away from it all.
At White Sky Woods Homestead, we’re truly off the beaten path. 240-acres at the end of a dead-end road.
If it’s nature you want to immerse yourself in, come and stay. Guests have access to our growing trail system. Take a .75 mile walk to a secluded spot on Lake Superior or a 5 mile drive to a public, sandy beach. Pick a pond on our private property to picnic at and enjoy hearing only the sounds of nature.
Add paid experiences to your stay that reconnect you to nature such as a guided hike that blends history with nature or take a tour wandering the property to learn about and forage for wild edibles. Family-oriented nature immersion programs for those with children ages 5-14 are also available.
The cabin is located on our homestead, so adding experiences of meeting and feeding the animals, learning homesteading way of life, or having fresh eggs or produce delivered for your stay is another option to add to your stay.
Or, keep it simple, just come for the stay and enjoy the quiet in the cabin or out on a trail, enjoy watching the cows graze or find a cozy spot with a good book.
- A casual and rustic living room nestled within the hand-hewn original log cabin walls. Comfortable couch and chairs. TV with DVD Player. Games, Books, and Puzzles.
- A full kitchen with all the basic amenities and a table that seats 6. Water dispenser with filtered water for drinking.
- 1 Full Bathroom with shower.
- 2 Bedrooms. 1 bedroom with 2 twin beds and the other bedroom with 1 queen sized bed.
What you can expect:
- A DVD player and movies are available, but not broadcast or cable TV and no wi-fi. This is a true get-away from it all place. Most phones with AT&T and Verizon have good coverage at and around the cabin.
- Cabin is two floors, with steps to reach both bedrooms. Please consider this as it may not be suitable for young children or people who are challenged by steps.
- A quiet spot at the end of a dead end road with access to private trails and private ponds (no swimming) and Lake Superior nearby.
- Farm animals often graze around the property and areas around the cabin. We respectfully ask you do not approach the animals unless you are with us and have permission.
- Old homesteads have odd, old, and unexpected things in random places. Stay on the trails. Watchfully supervise young children. Stay out of buildings that are not the cabin. Please do not wade or swim in the ponds.
- Depending on the season, wild blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and apples growing wildly near the cabin can be picked for your enjoyment.
- No non-paying or unapproved guests, and please, no parties.
- For the safety of your pets and our farm animals, we ask guests to not bring pets.
- To preserve the land, beyond parking your vehicle, we ask for foot traffic only.
- When enjoying the land: take only pictures, leave only footprints.
- Your hosts, the Reitz family, live on the same property.
We love where we live, and we look forward to sharing its beauty with you!
Contact Lisa with inquires.