Get away from it all; find yourself in a place where time and space allow you to slow down, to connect with yourself or your travel companions and enjoy the serenity of nature. Now booking our Keweenaw Vacation Rental on AirBNB!
Nestled amongst the woods and pasture at the end of the road is a cozy cabin getaway near the shores of Lake Superior on the Keweenaw Peninsula. Built over a century ago, a hand-hewn, one room cabin resided on the original homestead, here in Jacobsville, Michigan at the top of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. It was home for families of the past and had various renovations over time. However, after many years, it was in need of some TLC. Our family, your hosts, fully remodeled the cabin with the care of our guests in mind. We created a cozy and peaceful space that is both welcoming and comfortable so guests can retreat, refresh and fully relax.
The cabin is located at White Sky Woods Homestead, the 240 acres we steward in historic Jacobsville, MI. If it’s nature you want to immerse yourself in, come and stay. Guests have access to our growing 2+ mile trail system explording woods, pastures, ponds and wetlands. Pick a pond on our private property for a picnic and enjoy hearing only the sounds of nature. Basket and blanket available. Observe the wildlife through sight and sound. Take a .75 mile walk to a beautiful secluded spot on Lake Superior or a 5 mile drive to a public sandy beach, boat launch, and lighthouse.
Add unique paid experiences to your stay such as a guided hike that blends history with nature or take a tour wandering the property to learn about and forage for wild edibles.
The cabin is located on our homestead. If a homesteading lifestyle is of interest to you, we offer experiences to learn about our journey, tour the gardens, explore the high tunnel and visit the animals.
Order fresh chicken or duck eggs, fresh homemade bread, jellies and seasonally available produce delivered to the cabin to add to your farmstay experience.
Or, keep it simple, just come and enjoy the quiet in the cabin or out on a trail, enjoy the sounds of nature, or find a cozy spot with a good book.
- A casual and rustic living room nestled within the hand-hewn original log cabin walls. Comfortable couch and chair. TV with DVD Player. Games, Books, and Puzzles.
- A full kitchen with all the basic amenities and a table that seats 4.
- 1 Full Bathroom with shower and natural body care products.
- 1 Bedroom with 1 queen sized bed.
- 1 Loft with writing desk and a futon couch (opens to full-sized mattress) for additional sleeping space, if needed. Loft experience provides a zen and peaceful place for reflection, yoga or meditation.
- Bedding, pillows, blankets and towels provided.
What you can expect:
- A DVD player and movies are available, but not broadcast or cable TV.
- Wi-fi is available. Most phones with AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon have good coverage at and around the cabin.
- Cabin is two floors, with steps to reach both bedrooms. Please consider this as it may not be suitable for young children or people who are challenged by steps.
- A quiet spot at the end of a dead end road with access to private trails and private ponds (no swimming) and Lake Superior nearby.
- Farm animals may be around the property and areas around the cabin. We respectfully ask you do not approach the animals unless you are with us and have permission.
- Old homesteads have odd, old, and unexpected things in random places. Stay on the trails. Watchfully supervise young children. Stay out of buildings that are not the cabin. Please do not wade or swim in the ponds.
- Depending on the season, wild blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and apples growing wildly near the cabin can be picked for your enjoyment.
- No non-paying or unapproved guests, and please, no parties.
- For the safety of your pets and our farm animals, we ask guests to not bring pets.
- To preserve the land, beyond parking your vehicle, we ask for foot traffic only.
- When enjoying the land: take only pictures, leave only footprints.
- Some additional House Rules and details are posted on AirBNB, if booking, you will be required to accept them.
- Your hosts, the Reitz family, live on the same property.
We love where we live, and we look forward to sharing its beauty with you!